Monday, August 07, 2006

Whuz Goin Down?

Well kids... It's time to close the book on Cornerstone 2006. I tried to bask in it as much as possible but now it's time to move on.

What the "H"-"E"-double-hockey-sticks is happening these days? Well, B and I have begun construction on a new deck for the love-shack. It will be a long process, I predict, because it is my first "dew-it-yer-selfer" home project. It (with all hopes) will be roughly 12 feet by 12 feet. It will have a rifle turret for deer hunting and will become home to (underneath anyway) hundreds of furry woodland rodents. We plan on moving the gas grill to said location for fall cook-outs (2006). Thanks to my dad, this project has become reality. He donated 98% of the building supplies. It's super cool!

B and I went on a camping trip a couple of weeks ago to the Bayfield area. We stayed two nights in Memorial Park located along the shore of Superior in Washburn. Daisy took her first ever swim in Lake Superior. Guess what? She can dog paddle. Ahhhh the wonders of evolution, huh? Yeah, whatever. She was created to do that! She also enjoyed chasing the white-caps that were rolling in. The chasing included mean growling and dashing back and fourth. Those white-caps leaned a good lesson that day, I tell you! B and I also spent 3 hours out in a sail boat charting the mighty waves. Interesting! I just realized that we went on a literal "3-hour tour". Weird. We had a great time. Thanks to T and G for the boat time.

Stay tuned.... YESHUAPOLOOZA Jesus Rock Festival is just around the corner. Details are
HERE

7 comments:

Becky said...

it's the life..i tell ya.

-B

Anonymous said...

So, Daisy is just into chasing down all the elemnts...water, fire,...
When is she going to try and catch the wind or the earth?

Stuen said...

a gun turrent? really? i hope so because that would be sweet.

Robocarp said...

I concur, especially if it had a motion detector on it to let loose some full auto .50 cal fire on what ever is larger then a field mouse

Danielle said...

someday Daisy will be mine, someday...MOO-HA HA HA HAAAAAA! Oh, and I had a real gun turret on my big wooden fort of yor, it was made out of wood, with a wooden gun, so there.

Anonymous said...

Isn't sailing sweet? I LOVE IT! I'm happy that you and "B" got to spend time out there... way to beat the "three hour tour" stigma!

Robert J Ellwood said...

Chill mah babies...!