Monday, August 21, 2006

HIT THE DECK!!!!!!



Well, here's the first picture of the deck. All I need to add to this structure are steps and some trim boards. Next spring we'll put plants and shrubs around the sucka. It's large enough to sit six people with a table and a grill. It's about 11 feet by 12 feet. I finished it yesterday and then B and I sat out there until almost dark. It was really a nice cool shady sit. We'd like to maybe put up a canvas canopy up in the future - one of those you would see set up in the center area at Fleet Farm with the wrought-iron-like work. Dunham Sports had a 10 x 10 on sale for $79 a few weeks ago. If you look closely in the background you can see the Exxon Valdes. What you need to do to propperly view this picture is to soak a rag in gas...sniff it for about 20 seconds...then open your eyes to look at this picture. If the wind floats gently from the southwest, this is what you will experience.

Daisy Says hello to you all...

11 comments:

Robert J Ellwood said...

huffing gasoline on the deck in your front yard...Uncanny!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but it cannot help what I'm about to say...AWWWWW widdle dude! You did such a good job building the deck, huh? Didn't you? .... yeees! You did such a good job!
Ok sorry... but that is really cool that you built a deck! Making stuff is the best!

Uncanny!

Danielle said...

OODGIE BOODGIE DAISY!!!!!!!!! (it's like i said, i will come for her in the night...) I'm really prould of you too Tom, for reals homes. I have zero carpentry prowess, so it greatly impresses me. By the way, I did what you said and just now woke up from totally passing out face first in my gas huffer rag, thanks alot. Say, Daisy looks a bit hungry like the wolf in that photo...

Laura said...

deck deck bo beck bananna fanna fo feck me my mo meck... deck

Anonymous said...

Looks like Lo's a commenting maniac! Methinks she feels she has something to prove... (I am refering to the little wager)

Robert J Ellwood said...

I am still in the running on this whole wager thing, too, I remind you...
very Canny!

Becky said...

Na Webby-Daisy's just wants to play-she might just lick you all over though.

Het T...the Love Shack Addition looks so SWANK!!

B

Danielle said...

I think walleye-vision dog photos are pretty much the funniest thing, ever.

Stuen said...

so has daisy started digging holes under the deck yet?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished deck, guys- way cool!

Anonymous said...

ok that's it we're coming over
deck=company!