Saturday, August 12, 2006

Let the Exxon Fun Continue...

Life's a gas! Literally! As the Toyota continues to pour liquid gold into the driveway I ponder greater things. One thing for sure is an 85% complete deck. The cool part is that I was just assuming that I had enough decking. As the project went along I was setting up the floor joists when, lat minute measurements I opted to cut off 10 inches of the joists for fear of being too close to the house with the deck. So, I whacked off the joists. The last thing I did tonight before sitting my rear down to rest was B and I laid out all the remaining deck pieces across the joists. Lo and behold, just enough decking material! Had I left the 10 inches of joist in place, I would have come up two rows short in the decking material. Thanks to the Master Carpenter the job is gonna work out just perfect. Thanks Easter Bunny! (Bok Bok).
The Exxon leak may continue but it will sure look cool from my groovy deck, aymeah?

8 comments:

Robert J Ellwood said...

Why don't they make gas tanks out of plastic? DUH! I feel your pain, I have the liquid gold leakage going on too.
Way cool on the decking...

...as immortalized on the A-Team - "I love it when a plan comes together!"

...HIS plan (even for a deck)!

ChilllllllMaaahhhhBayyybayyyys...!

Danielle said...

Just think of God's rainbow promise whenever you see the swirls o' stink. Let the liquid gold soothe you...feel the rainbow...know the odor...

Anonymous said...

How's de ole deck commin der, eh?

Elvis Has Left The Building said...

The Deck 8 deck boards shy of completion. Oh then some stairs too but otherwise. Cool!

Robert J Ellwood said...

so's can we expect a Deck Party when ye be finished with thet thar project?

madagasc - ARRRRR!

Danielle said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! Deck party!!! AAAR'll be sure and bring the flame-throwers and roman candles and magnesium and flint kits and torch welders and mini packs of wooden matchsticks and tiny little bics a-plenty and...

Laura said...

and I'll bring a lamp and a sheepdog named Rolph from Germany, he loves deck parties and fuel leaks...

538steve said...

Can I come, too? Then we can invite you to our sitting shed. I tried to load a stupid picture of it and it doesn't work... You should load a picture of yours. I know you know how to work this blog thing!